One nail trend that’s caught our eye lately is marbling nails. Essentially it looks like those super-nice marble countertops you see in trendy kitchens and bathrooms, but you can definitely make your personal version non-basic and chic by using a variety of different colors.
The most interesting part of this nail look is that it’s not a sticker you just put on; it’s really just like a piece of art that you can do yourself. Here’s a basic rundown for you if you want to do it at home:
- Choose what colors you want to mix together, and fill a small, shallow dish with water.
- Apply your base coat to your nails.
- With your first nail color choice, draw out the brush from the bottle, making sure that the brush holds a lot of polish.
- Hold the brush close to the water and let the polish drip down. You’ll see that the polish will disperse across the surface into a thin film.
- Quickly repeat the last step with your next color.
- When you’ve done all your colors, use a toothpick and drag it across to make a cool design.
- Then dip your nail to apply the polish. Clean up with polish remover.
It may sound complicated, but once you try it (or watch all the youtube vids dedicated to it), it really won’t be as difficult as it looks. To help you out and give you some inspiration, we’ve rounded up our favorite looks.
Scroll down to see the marbling nail we can’t wait to try on.
These marbling nails scream chic by having a black base with purple and yellow mixed on top.
There are so many colors mixed in (we see blue, green, red, orange, and purple, but feel free to let us know if we missed any) that these marbled nails could’ve easily turned into a mess. But this look proves that if you want to pack on the color, you can most definitely do so and have it look cool.
Instead of the traditional white marble we’re used to seeing, make it dark and edgy by having the base black and accents white.
These nails are just fun. The pink is a nice contrast to the different shades of blue. We’re betting this will be the one marbling nail look everyone will be asking you about.