Hair conditioners are great, no doubt! But did you know that a deep-conditioning hair mask is a real superstar for keeping your tresses soft, smooth and super moisturised?
Your hair is constantly exposed to the sun, pollution and a number of heat-styling tools and products. This is why you need to give your mane extra care and attention for it to remain in its healthiest condition. You’ll be surprised to know that the solution to dull, dry and dehydrated locks lies on your kitchen shelves. Homemade hair mask recipes infused with the right natural ingredients are all you need to flaunt longer, luscious hair. If you’re looking for some easy-peasy hair mask recipes to improve the quality of your hair and scalp, then here’s all the dope…
Avocado + Banana
- Mix half a banana and avocado each with two tablespoons olive oil
- Blend the mixture well till it is smooth and creamy
- Massage the mixture into your scalp and spread it evenly
- Cover your hair with a shower cap
- Soak a towel in hot water and squeeze out the excess water from the towel
- Wrap the towel around your head and wait for 20-30 minutes until the towel has cooled
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo such as the Dove Daily Shine Shampoo and use lukewarm water
Benefits: Rich in potassium, carbohydrates, natural oils and vitamins, banana proves to be extremely beneficial in treating your hair and scalp. This banana-infused hair mask controls dandruff, softens hair, protects the hair’s natural elasticity and prevents split ends and breakage. Avocado, on the other hand, helps rejuvenate and nourish the scalp. Proteins, amino acids and vitamins present in avocado helps promote longer and stronger strands. This homemade hair mask is one of the best ways to pamper your hair once a month.
Egg + Mayonnaise
- Mix five tablespoons of mayonnaise with two raw eggs
- Blend well but make sure to not make the mixture too runny or else it won’t adhere to your hair
- You can also add one teaspoon vinegar benefical for extra shine if you have coarse hair
- Apply the mixture well from root to tip
- Cover your head with a shower cap
- Next, heat up a towel and wrap it around the shower cap. This will help the moisture soak into your hair
- Let the mask sit on your head for about 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water
Benefits: Packed with proteins, minerals and B-complex vitamins, eggs provide your hair with the much-needed nutrition it needs to look healthy and shiny. From promoting hair growth to improving hair elasticity and healing damage to adding shine, eggs make for a wonder ingredient that’ll keep your hair moisturised and hydrated. L-cysteine, an amino acid present in mayonnaise helps nourish the scalp to promote healthy hair growth. Eggs and mayonnaise together is all the natural goodness your hair needs to look top-notch. Try this homemade hair mask recipe once a week to treat dull and damaged locks.
Yoghurt + Honey
Step 1: Mix together two tablespoons yoghurt and one tablespoon magical honey
Step 2: Apply the mask onto your hair, from root to tip
Massage your scalp for a few minutes to spread the mask evenly
Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water
Wash your hair well and finish off with a hair conditioner. We suggest you get your hands on the Dove Rejuvenated Volume Conditioner which deeply nourishes and locks nutrients into hair.
Benefits: Packed with proteins, yoghurt helps nourish hair thereby making it stronger and healthier. Its anti-fungal properties soothe the scalp, calm frizz and control hair fall. Honey being an emollient helps seal moisture in the hair and reduces hair breakage. Honey strengthens the hair follicles, curbing hair fall. This healthy homemade hair mask recipe is sure to bring your dry and drab locks back to life. Pamper your hair with this nourishing mask at least once a week to restore and maintain your tresses.
Brown sugar + Olive oil
- Mix two tablespoons brown sugar and one tablespoon olive oil together in a bowl
- Apply the mixture onto your hair and make sure you cover every strand
- Gently massage the scrub into your scalp using small circular motions
- Leave the mask on for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse with lukewarm water
- Wash normally using shampoo and conditioner
Benefits: While brown sugar, on one hand, acts as an exfoliator helping you get rid of sweat and sebum build-up in your scalp, olive oil, on the other hand, adds moisture to your hair and preps your hair with moisture. It’s one of the best homemade hair masks as this brown sugar mask will help aid itchy, dry and flaky scalps and remove any dead skin cells. This hair mask recipe for the dry hair is sure to treat sun damaged and dull locks thereby adding shine and moisture to your mane.
- Mix one egg yolk and two tablespoons of green tea together
- Blend well till it acquires a creamy texture
- Apply the mixture all over your hair and scalp using a brush
- Let the mixture sit on your hair for about 20 minutes
- Rinse with cold water and follow it up with shampoo and conditioner
Benefits: Green tea is not just good for your health but is equally nourishing for your hair. The benefits of using green tea for hair are more than you can imagine. Rich in catechins, green tea stops hair fall, fights dryness and dandruff and is good for the roots and follicles which in turn promote hair growth. Try green tea homemade hair mask recipe at least once in two weeks to maintain the health of your mane. Green tea is rich in antioxidants, and this makes it one of the perfect remedies for hair loss caused due to free radicals.