WFH has blurred the line between our personal and professional lives—not to mention, strengthened our multitasking skills. While you juggle everything from Zoom meetings and virtual social gatherings to Instacart orders and homeschooling, we urge you to add another task to that long list: self-care starting with your hair.
I challenge you to deep condition your strands for one full day each week to hydrate and revitalize. No, you won’t have to appear on camera sporting a shower cap. I’ve created three styles based on hair length that look chic while you nourish your locks in secret.
Apply one of the following masks to dry or damp hair, accessorize with rose gold bobby pins, and let the formula work its magic while you take on the day.
Best for short hair
- Saturate dry strands with R+Co Palm Springs Pre-Shampoo Treatment Masque, which features a shine-inducing medley of conditioning oils like argan and coconut.
- Part hair to your preferred side and comb, so the sides of your hair lay flush against your scalp.
- Now comes the fun part! Secure your style with rose gold bobby pins for the ultimate statement. Line each side of your part with pins placed equidistant for an editorial look that’s edgy and extra hydrating.
Best for medium-length hair
- After shampooing and thoroughly towel drying hair, apply Briogeo’s award-winning Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask and comb through to coat your strands in a revitalizing blend of biotin and B-vitamins.
- Part your hair down the middle, slick it back into a low ponytail, and secure with an elastic band.
- Braid your ponytail and secure again.
- Add 7-8 rose gold bobby pins to the hair directly above each ear in a fan-like formation.
- Enjoy your sleek style knowing that this treatment is restoring shine, replacing nourishment, and protecting strands from future damage.
Best for long hair
- After shampooing and thoroughly towel drying, apply Sisley-Paris Regenerating Hair Care Mask packed with botanical oils for healthier hair and scalp.
- Slick your hair into a high ponytail and secure it with a hairband.
- With bobby pins, begin pinning strands around your elastic to create a voluminous bun.
- Gather 6 rose gold bobby pins and create a triangular design on top of your head. Place your first bobby pin diagonally atop your head, a few centimeters behind your hairline. Weave a second bobby pin through the first, pointing in the opposite direction, and connect the pin ends. Continue the process with the remaining 4 pins.